This morning we were reading the picture book of Beauty and the Beast. I read how Gaston wanted to marry Belle. After looking at the pictures we had the following conversation
Grace - She can’t marry him, she’s just a girl!
Tim – Why do you think that?
-
‘Cause she’s got
long hair
-
So, girls have
long hair and women have short hair; is that right?
-
Yep
-
Is your mum a
woman or a girl?
-
She’s in between ‘cause
her hair isn’t long and it isn’t short
Tim – Aunty Charlotte is getting married in three
days. Is she a woman?
-
No, ‘cause her
hair’s long
-
Is Cousin Esther
a woman?
-
No. She a girl ‘cause
her hair is very long
-
Are you a girl,
Grace?
-
Yep
-
But your hair is
short
-
Oh, yeah. I a
woman
-
What will happen
when you get older, like Maria, and your hair gets longer?
-
Then I be a girl
I’ll be interested to hear her views on Samson,
Rapunzel, Marge Simpson, and Benjamin Button
No comments:
Post a Comment