01 January
Time Zones
We were getting ready to go to the Tate Modern gallery
this morning and the kids just weren’t doing the normal things that needed to
be done to get us out the door. In exasperation I said
-
Kids, imagine you’re
on the other side of the world in Foxton. Get on with your tasks that are listed
on the toilet door
Joel immediately lay on the floor and closed his eyes.
I was even more frustrated
-
Joel, what are
you doing!
-
On the other side
of the world it’s night time so I’m going to sleep
02 January
Where Are We
Going?
The kids have found London a little trying –
physically. There is a lot of walking to and from bus stops, off to tourist sights,
and walking around those sights – like museums. Grace, being the youngest, at
three years old, has found this particularly difficult. We arrived at the British
Museum today and she was very happy to have completed the walk from the bus
stop
We met some friends there. One of their kids had a
particular part of the museum that he was wanting to see. His mum asked
-
Hugo, where do
you want to go?
-
Egypt
At this point Grace burst into tears
-
Grace, what’s the
matter?
-
I want to stay
here
-
In this hallway?
-
No, at this
museum
-
We are staying
here
-
So we not going
to Egypt?
-
No. We’re not
going to Egypt today!
No comments:
Post a Comment